Herding cats is an impossible task. Ever try? Then you know that cats will hide, hiss, jump and run in an effort to evade your efforts.
Herding real estate agents is almost as impossible. Some real estate brokerages try to herd their agents using tactics which include weekly training meetings. Some agents hide, hiss and run from those training meetings but few jump. Why is that?
Agents are generally associated with real estate brokerages as independent contractors and that mentality pervades everything they do. Why wouldn’t it? Sitting in a real estate office usually feels a bit cold. Agents rarely associate with each other and, when they do, they usually act annoyed because you’re, as another real estate agent, the competition and there’s very little reason to help the competition. You know this if you’ve ever worked as a real estate agent or sat in a real estate office as a buyer or seller. This is not true of every real estate office though but it’s a rare phenomenon.
Hub Edge Realty wants to change that…
What’s in it for our agents?
- Administrative and Marketing Support
- Dedicated Administrative Coordinator
- Dedicated Photographer and Videographer
- Dedicated Webmaster
- Quarterly Residual Recruiting Rewards
- Annual Profit Sharing Rewards
Hub Edge Realty wants you in the field, selling real estate, not inputting listings into Pinergy or taking photos or writing offers because they’re time consuming and specialized tasks.
Hub Edge Realty is an “agent-centric” brokerage. That’s a broad term but that means that Hub Edge Realty does everything with the agent, even agents from competing brokerages, in mind. Shocking, right?
Hub Edge Realty listings are advertised to agents, not buyers, because Hub Edge Realty would prefer to work with buyers who have been acclimated to real estate market realities by seasoned agents from competing brokerages rather than inexperienced buyers culled from sites like Trulia or Zillow who have little practical experience and, as a result, unrealistic expectations. This is not a knock on buyers though because Hub Edge Realty loves buyers!
Educated buyers working with good agents from competing brokerages are great for our sellers.
What’s in it for our sellers?
- Solid data protection. We all know that third-party sites play fast and loose with the data provided by real estate brokerages and listing information that is intentionally misleading or incompetently displayed can be devastating to our sellers. Ever lose a listing because somebody stole your listing data and used it to enter it as a fraudulent rental on Craigslist or Zillow?
- Quality buyers. We’ve already discussed the difference between inexperienced buyers coming from the wild and those who have been shepherded by experienced agents. You know the old adage, quality is better than quantity. We like that!
- Less stress. The real estate brokerage community is a small community so allowing our data to be fed only to experienced agents who work with quality buyers makes for a smoother transaction for our sellers.
Hub Edge Realty also protects its agents from third-party sites like Trulia and Zillow. You do the hard work of listing properties. Why should your real estate brokerage allow competing agents from other brokerages to place advertising on your most important asset? Your listings will still be syndicated to sites built by competing brokerages including Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Century 21, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Jack Conway & Co., Keller Williams Realty, Redfin, Sotheby’s International Realty, William Raveis Real Estate and others.
What’s in it for the communities we serve? Hub Edge Realty is committed to giving at least 1% of its gross commissions to Massachusetts based 501(c)(3) non-profit corporations. How’s that for a listing tool?
How about free contact relationship marketing (CRM) software shared by the entire office? And weekly training webinars so that you can use that software effectively? It’s a new world!
Here’s the thing… Creating a cohesive culture of
cats real estate agents is challenging but crucial. Hub Edge Realty is creating that culture and we want you to be part of it.
So, reiterating the question, is your current real estate brokerage herding cats?
Want to be part of a new culture of collaboration and creativity? Let’s talk!