I’m excited to share with you that MLS Property Information Network, Inc. (MLSPIN) has added Down Payment Resource, just yesterday, as a tool to Pinergy which will help home buyers identify potential sources of home ownership programs available across Massachusetts. There are 87 different programs that I noted across Massachusetts tracked by Down Payment Assistance to assist home buyers in their path to homeownership. I’ve compiled a list of those programs that caught my eye.
- City of Boston – Buildable Lots Program
- City of Boston – Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance Program
- City of Boston, AFSCME – Housing Trust Fund
- City of Boston, Department of Neighborhood Development – Down Payment and Closing Costs Assistance (For Foreclosed Properties)
- Freddie Mac (FHLMC) – Home Benefit Program
- Greater Boston Hotel Employees, Local 26 – Housing Trust Fund
- HomeStrong USA – Heroes Program
- Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) – ONE Mortgage Program
- The Boston Home Center – Financial Assistance Program
- United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – Good Neighbor Next Door Program (GNND)
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) – Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) Grant
The free Down Payment Resource tool will identify the number of Massachusetts programs that home buyers may qualify for. I have worked with lots of buyers in Dorchester, Mattapan and Roxbury over the past fifteen years of selling real estate and this tool would’ve been very handy for those buyers. I will try to integrate this down payment resource tool as part of my process in the future. We at Jonathan Bowen Real Estate, LLC are committed to providing Massachusetts home buyers with information to genuinely enhance the home buying process. Don’t miss out on financial assistance just because you didn’t know it was out there!